Thursday, September 10, 2015

20 Albums In 20 Weeks: Strange Wilderness by Lord Huron



Many thanks to minister and music connoisseur Josh Rouse for his recommendation of Lord Huron!


What They Think
Spin Magazine considers Strange Trails an album that has unjustly been overlooked.1  Metacritic users rate the albums combine to average a score of 7.5 out of 10.2

What I Think
 I have a soft spot for Indie Folk music. I love Fleet Foxes and retreat to Bon Iver for a calm sound when days get a bit too hectic. While it seems that everyone is taking their shot at an Indie Folk album, Lord Huron hits the mark. The album has a slow and steady pace that settles in as you work your way through the album. It's an interested listen to say the least.  Everyone may be making a folk album right now, but Strange Trails is one that’s worth a listen.

Favorite Lyric
I am not the only traveler
Who has not repaid his debt
I’ve been searching for a trail to follow again
Take me back to the night we met
(from The Night We Met)

Where It Fits

This won’t be in my everyday playlist, but it’s excellent road-trip music. It is also a perfect soundtrack for Fall when things start getting a bit colder. If you haven’t listened to Lord Huron yet, check them out. You’ll be glad you did!


2- http://www.metacritic.com/music/strange-trails/lord-huron





No comments:

Post a Comment