Wednesday, October 28, 2015

20 Albums In 20 Weeks: Rodrigo y Gabriela



Next up in 20 Albums in 20 Weeks is Rodrigo y Gabriela’s self-titled album. It’s their third album, and my favorite of theirs. Rodrigo y Gabriela are a guitar duo playing rock, metal, and Nuevo flamenco. It’s hard to believe that the band’s amazing sound is coming from only two people.


What They Think

Rodrigo y Gabriela took off outside of the US, landing at number 1 on a couple of charts. Their fame spread slowly, but they are now a hot ticket to see in concert in the US.


What I Think

The Rodrigo y Gabriela concert I attended a couple of years ago is still one of the best I have ever been to. Their music is incredible and watching them play was unbelievable. They play with passion and skill rarely seen in music today.


Favorite Lyric

All of the songs on the album are instrumental. My favorite song from the album (today) is “Ixtapa”. I can’t stop listening to this song!


Where It Fits


Rodrigo y Gabriela is great driving music. They are also incredible to watch in old concert footage or videos. I will now be a life-long devotee of all things Rodrigo y Gabriela.  I cannot recommend this band enough. Check the clip below and judge for yourself.











No comments:

Post a Comment